Workbench Energy is a fast-growing software and services company specializing in electricity markets. We help large power users, distributed energy resources (think industrial-size batteries), and grid-connected generators optimize revenues, cost savings, and carbon impacts. Our software, tools, and experience are leading the enablement of Ontario’s modern power grid with distributed and sustainable resources.
About the Role
In this role, your primary responsibility will be identifying and qualifying sales opportunities for Workbench Energy’s suite of products and services through a combination of outreach methods including cold calling, email, and digital interactions.
The role will be dynamic and offers the opportunity to participate in many aspects of the company’s business development and marketing functions including account management and digital marketing strategy. Once experience has been gained, you will have the opportunity to manage the complete sales cycle from introductory meeting through to contract negotiation.
For the right candidate, this position will lay the foundation for a successful career in the clean energy transition where you will be equipped with excellent sales skills and industry knowledge.
We’re looking for applicants with a relevant university degree, some sales or account management experience, and a keen interest in the power sector.
- Using assigned prospect lists, generate new leads by clearly communicating sales offerings through cold calling and email.
- Design and execute email campaigns.
- Conduct high-level qualification and discovery calls with prospects.
- Participate in industry events and networking opportunities as needed.
- Once you gain comfort with the industry and our suite of services, you will have the opportunity to manage renewals, customer success, and upsells for a portfolio of accounts.
- Participate in the development of Workbench Energy’s marketing strategy.
- Provide support and help create social media posts and schedules.
- Support the sales team through assigned research topics and CRM system upkeep.
- As a member of a dynamic and entrepreneurial team, you will likely be involved in numerous elements of the business beyond the main responsibilities listed here.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Positive, self-motivated
- Passionate about power and sustainability
- Thrive in a competitive environment
- Proven problem-solving abilities
- Team player! We are a small team, so fit is important.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – strong phone presence.
- Some sales or account management experience
- Hybrid work – a combination of in-office and work-from-home
- Office is located in downtown Toronto
- On Target Earnings (Salary + Commission) – $65-75K with additional earning potential as your role expands