Highlights from 2021 ICI Masterclass: See how the experts reduce their Global Adjustment costs
Workbench Energy hosted the ICI Masterclass Virtual Event on April 7th, 2021 to explore the most pressing topics for large power consumers in Ontario as they seek to lower their exposure to the Global Adjustment portion of their power bill.
Many large power users in Ontario have moved beyond the basics of the Industrial Conservation Initiative (ICI). The ICI Masterclass was an event for those large power consumers seeking a more advanced understanding of topics related to the ICI.
Hear highlights from some of the leading people and organizations as they discuss the successes and challenges of implementing strategies from advanced load curtailment protocols to on-site generation and battery installations. Select sessions now available for viewing!
Achieving Organizational Buy-In
- Elissa Williamson, Senior Energy Management Specialist, Evolution Gold Mine (Red Lake Gold Mine)
- Hassan Al-Saleem, Senior Plant Manager, PepsicCo Inc.
Global Adjustment and Opportunities Beyond
- Molly Jerrard, Director Wholesale Markets and Asset Management
- Heather Sears, Vice President Market Services, Workbench Energy
A View from the IESO Control Room
- David Short, Senior Director, Power System Assessments, Independent Electricity System Operator
- Aaron Lampe, President, Workbench Energy
Automation and Power Monitoring
- John Goodfellow, Facilities Engineering, Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada
- Yoann Briant, Senior Director, Digital Energy, Schneider Electric Canada
On-Site Generation and Hybrid Systems
- Lou Colangelo, General Manager, Power Generation Systems, Toromont Cat
- Alain Bolduc, Engineering Manager, Iridian Spectral Technologies
Energy Storage in Action
- Matt Stewart, Director of Operations, Energy Solutions, Spark Power
- Justin Rangooni, Energy Storage Canada